Menu
Tony0082
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Travel pass didn't work

Hi. I'm just back from a weekend in France. I paid for 50mb of roaming data bur was unable to use any of it as my phone could not connect. I received the confirmation text and I know the phone and account settings were correct. Why didn't it work. Okay it's only £1.50 but I want to know it's going to work the next time I'm in europe.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Travel pass didn't work

Hi Tony0082,

if you call Virgin Mobile customer services (free call 789 from your mobile now that you're back in the UK). They will see that your Data Travel Pass hasn't been used and be able to refund you.

Explain that your phone's settings were correct and ask that they check into this. On Virgin's side of things there is a separate switch for data roaming which needs to be activated on both the Virgin Mobile and EE network systems. Sometimes it is necessary to refresh this to update the EE server.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Travel pass didn't work

Hi Tony0082,

if you call Virgin Mobile customer services (free call 789 from your mobile now that you're back in the UK). They will see that your Data Travel Pass hasn't been used and be able to refund you.

Explain that your phone's settings were correct and ask that they check into this. On Virgin's side of things there is a separate switch for data roaming which needs to be activated on both the Virgin Mobile and EE network systems. Sometimes it is necessary to refresh this to update the EE server.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png