Menu
SteveT99
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Travel Pass

I've text and phoned twice only to be told it's working but it's not!!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Travel Pass

Hi SteveT99,

in that case, I can only think that the agent you have spoken to might have only looked at the roaming settings in your account for voice / text.

On Virgin's side of things there is also a separate switch for data roaming which needs to be on.

Sorry, but your only option may be to call back +447953 967 967.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveT99,

your phone may have a switch for data roaming in the settings on the handset.

Android: Settings > More Networks (or More Network Settings) > Mobile Networks > Data Roaming. ( green tick is on, no tick off)

IPhone: Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Data roaming slider ( green on – grey off)

0 Kudos
SteveT99
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex
Yep data roaming and mobile data both switched on
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi SteveT99,

in that case, I can only think that the agent you have spoken to might have only looked at the roaming settings in your account for voice / text.

On Virgin's side of things there is also a separate switch for data roaming which needs to be on.

Sorry, but your only option may be to call back +447953 967 967.

gilbertwu
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non-working Travel Pass

Hi,

I had the same problem of having the travel pass but no data at all in Poland two weeks ago. I purchased the 250 Mb Travel Pass before I went to Poland but no mobile data at all. Before anyone asks, I did check many times to ensure that the data roaming was set to on. Voice calls were working fine. By the way, this was the second time it happened. The first time was in Spain in September last year. In both occasions I got the refund. The second time I even received a compensation on top of the refund. Whilst it was nice for Virgin to refund and compensate, it is far more important to have something that works if you have to rely on the mobile data in the absence of WiFi; e.g. WhatsApp, Google Map and Google research etc. So far I've seen many similar complaints regarding non-working Travel Pass in this forum, I wonder if any members actually have had their Travel Pass working well for them? Love to hear their positive experience.