Menu
katharinamo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Travel Pass not working in Italy

I purchased a 250MB travel pass this morning in the UK before flying out to Italy. I purchased it over the phone as the text option did not work. It is showing in my account when I log in. My phone is an IPhone 4. I have data roaming enabled in the phone settings and on my account. The customer services advisor assured me that my phone was now set up for Italy.

When I got here, I can make calls and send texts, but do not get an Internet connection. I have been connected to 2 different Italian carriers and neither worked.

I texted STATUS to 23456 and the travel pass is active though unused.

I have tried ringing the phone number provided, but it does not connect or says it is too busy. I don't really want to be charged a fortune to sort out this problem.

I have tried looking, but is there a secure messaging service when I am logged on to my account that would let me sort this out without the need for a phone call?

I have been through all the links provided in previous emails and nothing makes any difference.

Thank you

Kat
0 Kudos
katharinamo
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Travel Pass not working in Italy

I have just found some information in Virgin Help that says that travel passes do not work with early iPhones as they only work from IOS7 onwards and iPhones up to 4 cannot be upgraded to IOS7. However my iphone runs IOS7.1.2. Would someone be able to clarify this?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Travel Pass not working in Italy

Hi Kat,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear your travel pass is not working.

It sounds as though you've tried most things I could suggest. Some phones are just not compatible with the data pass but It looks as though yours should be with the IOS you have installed.

I would recommend giving our mobile team a call on +44345 6000 789 so we can take a look at this for you.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos