Menu
gus0898uk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transferring my contacts using different sim types

Hello BMs  Gus needs your help again. Smiley Happy

For the past few months I have had a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 mobile with a VM Nano sim

I cracked the screen on the Voda but had replacement insurance with Argos, I went to my local Argos last night to be told they no longer had my Vodafone, so I chose a Motorola Moto G4Play, which I found out later uses a Micro sim.

My new VM Micro sim will be with me tomorrow.

My Nano has my contacts saved on it, is there any way at all that I will be able to transfer contacts to me new Motorola G4 Play or Micro sim, bearing in mind that Argos now has my Vodafone Smart Ultra mobile?

TIA

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacts transfer with different sims

Hi gus0898uk,

perhaps you could use a SIM card adapter to allow you to use your Nano SIM in your Moto G4?
(Or if your "new" SIM turns out to be one of the "push out to size" type, the bit from that)

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

gus0898uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contacts transfer with different sims

Thanks for that AlexKid
Presumably I need to try that before I activate my new Micro sim from VM who will inactivate the Nano, I am not sure if I can still get the contacts from my old sim if it has been de-activated.
I am not a huge user of my mobile, I hardly get a call and do not make too many so life will go on no matter what. People only ring me when they want something anyhow. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring my contacts using different sim types

They are both android phones.

Won't your new handset sync the contacts automatically when you pair it to the same Google account as the old 'phone?

0 Kudos