Menu
Hawkeye68
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Transferring PAYG credit balance to another phone

Hi

I have 3 phones on my account (1 for me and 1 each for my sons). One of my sons is on PAYG and has a credit of £100+. Would it be possible to use that balance to pay for my other son's rolling 30-day contract?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Transferring PAYG credit balance to another phone

Hi Paul,

good question. Have you tried calling customer services on 789 and asking?

What you are proposing is something I often used to do myself.

As the mobile numbers were registered to me in my name on the same account, it was a simple matter of a quick call to 789 and the agent would be able to transfer part of my ballance between the other numbers, there and then.

However after Virgin Mobile's system upgrade early last year things became more complicated and I got a different answer each time I phoned up:

Yes, but they could no longer do it straight away. No, and balance transfers could be done but an application would have to be made to another team and it could take upto 72 hours.

I've since given up Smiley LOL

I hope you get clarification on this and please post back the result if you decide to give them a call yourself.

AlexKid :-)

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I thought that it's worth mentioning, if Virgin aren't willing to transfer the balance. You might want to consider moving this son too onto a SIM only plan.

With £100+ ballance already on that number. His first year or more (depending of course on the tariff you choose) would already be paid for Smiley Happy

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Hawkeye68
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Finally got round to doing this. I spoke to customer services and they wouldn't transfer the credit to a different account (because the account to receive the credit was a Pay Monthly rather than PAYG), but they were happy to refund the credit back to my credit card which was a much better result!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hawkeye68 wrote:

Finally got round to doing this. I spoke to customer services and they wouldn't transfer the credit to a different account (because the account to receive the credit was a Pay Monthly rather than PAYG), but they were happy to refund the credit back to my credit card which was a much better result!

Hi Paul,

that's a brilliant result Smiley Happy

Thanks for reporting back.

Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also

crimu
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get refund? I have been trying same and agreed twice only to be refused a week later when nothing happened!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi crimu,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with getting your credit refunded to you. We are unable to transfer the credit balance from one account to another, however, you can request a credit refund. 

Please get in touch with us direct so that we can access your details and verify account security to arrange this by calling in on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone).

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Hawkeye68
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No, I spoke too soon! I had an identical experience to you having been promised a refund then it not turning up. I rang again and was told that a supervisor named "Jane" said it was not possible. I said what if I were to leave Virgin Mobile presumably they would have to refund me then and was told I would be "encouraged" to use my credit up first! Laughable. I have lodged a complaint and have a reference. The trouble with calling virgin mobile is that you can never escalate things you always get fobbed off at the first stage by ill-informed staff. When I try to speak to a supervisor I am told that they are busy and will call me back, but they never do. I will try again and tell them that a virgin media rep on this forum says they can do it but don't hold out much hope. Let me know how you get on.

0 Kudos
Hawkeye68
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

That's helpful but what confidence can we have that this will do the trick? In essence all you are saying is to call yet again. Is the recipient of my call going to understand when I say that Terri from the Forum Team says it is OK to give a refund?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

following the result of the OP, I called again myself (this time to request a refund).

The advisor who took my call didn't quibble in the slightest. Just double checked my card details and advised that it would take x number of days for the money to appear back in my account (about a week).

Sure enough, some days later, there it was Smiley Happy

Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos