Menu
authentic8
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Transfer old PAYG number to new PAYG phone/SIM

I am an existing PAYG Virgin Mobile customer and I want to buy a new PAYG phone/SIM + £10 top-up bundle from another store.

Will I be able to transfer my current number to the new phone/SIM along with my existing PAYG balance?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transfer old PAYG number to new PAYG phone/SIM

Hi authentic8,

purchasing your new phone from Argos, I think the compulsory £10 top up will be in the form of a voucher which you can instead add to your existing SIM.
(Ask in store just to check).

If you find that your new phone requires a different size of SIM, you just need to give the Team a call (free on 789 from your mobile) and request a replacement.

In which case your present mobile number and balance will be transferred.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

authentic8 wrote:

May I also ask another question:

If I purchase a SIM free phone from another retailer, would VM be able to supply a free replacement nano SIM card (my current phone uses the large SIM card)?

Thanks.

Yes they can, they did just that for me recently - there may be a charge for this but, in my case, as a long term customer these were waived.

Edit: I bought my new phone from Argos, but there wasn't any £10 top up with it, just a straight unlocked sim free phone purchase.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi authentic8,

If you are making your purchase in store the staff will take care of this for you.

It is not necessary for a new SIM unless you need one, in which case your existing number and credit balance will be transferred.

If you wish to make the purchase on line, log into your Virgin Mobile Account and go to "Plan and device" to order your new Pay As You Go phone.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
authentic8
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, AlexKid.

As stated, it is being purchased from another store. In this case, Argos. I can only buy what is on offer.

How would that affect the phone number and credit transfer?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi authentic8,

purchasing your new phone from Argos, I think the compulsory £10 top up will be in the form of a voucher which you can instead add to your existing SIM.
(Ask in store just to check).

If you find that your new phone requires a different size of SIM, you just need to give the Team a call (free on 789 from your mobile) and request a replacement.

In which case your present mobile number and balance will be transferred.

Superuser1718.png
authentic8
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I purchase a SIM free phone from another retailer, would VM be able to supply a free replacement nano SIM card (my current phone uses the large SIM card)?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

authentic8 wrote:

Thanks.

Yes they can, they did just that for me recently - there may be a charge for this but, in my case, as a long term customer these were waived.

Edit: I bought my new phone from Argos, but there wasn't any £10 top up with it, just a straight unlocked sim free phone purchase.