Menu
Paino1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Transfer number to new nano sim card

Hi - we have bought our son a new phone for xmas which requires a nano sim.  His current phone is a standard sim (with a virgin contract).

I have ordered a new nano sim from the Virgin mobile website - how would I go about transferring the number from his old sim to the new sim.  We would like it all set up and ready for him for xmas morning.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transfer number to new nano sim card

Hi, the easiest way is to request a replacement nano sim, BUT..tell them you want to transfer the existing number over to the nano sim, NOT just order a completely new nano sim.

That way, the new sim comes ready to activate with the old number, (you just need to phone VM to activate the nano sim, which de-activates the old sim)

If you didn't do it this way, the new sim will come with a completely different number, which you will have to get swapped for the existing one

Best to go down the first route, phone, tell them that you just want to swap sim sizes, but keep the original number, it's far easier, and less painful to do..

Hope this helps..

0 Kudos

All Replies
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, the easiest way is to request a replacement nano sim, BUT..tell them you want to transfer the existing number over to the nano sim, NOT just order a completely new nano sim.

That way, the new sim comes ready to activate with the old number, (you just need to phone VM to activate the nano sim, which de-activates the old sim)

If you didn't do it this way, the new sim will come with a completely different number, which you will have to get swapped for the existing one

Best to go down the first route, phone, tell them that you just want to swap sim sizes, but keep the original number, it's far easier, and less painful to do..

Hope this helps..

0 Kudos
Paino1977
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much, that sorted it out.  I spoke to them and the new sim arrived the next day.  Great stuff - cheers.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Glad it all went well

Happy that I was able to help,

Have a nice day Smiley Happy

0 Kudos