Menu
pudden
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Transfer from EE

I have my PAC and ready to start a new Virgin 30 day rolling contract. I have to pay up till 27th Feb 2016 with my old EE rolling contract. So when is it best to apply to start with Virgin to avoid overlap of charges?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
wendy444
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transfer from EE

Hi pudden,

I'm just going through this.

When you sign up with VM my experience is that you should ignore any email saying you will get the sim the next day and you need to stay in as it needs to be signed for - its simply not true - it will come through the post in 3-5 days.

On another family phone we got a pac from ee before the monthly payment went out and gave it the new supplier after the payment to try and ensure we had paid the old supplier what was needed to cover at least 30 days.

After the transfer (took between 2-3 days and lost service for about 2 hours), EE then refunded part of the month payment for the unused days, BUT then charged a penalty (about twice the whole monthly payment) for not giving them 30 days notice :/

They credited it back + £25 goodwill (on a closed account LOL) when we pointed out that we were sure the regulator would agree that he did not intend it to be done that way...

Its seems to be a madhouse with most of them.

Dusty_Warrior
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A note of caution:

Before you move make sure you do not need to contact anyone with 07389 or 07398 mobile numbers.

Calls to these numbers are barred by Virgin, and texts are charged at premium rate. You can claim a refund for the texts each month by phoning 789.

Virgin do not have a timescale to resolve this

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Your PAC Code is valid for 30 days from issue and must be used in that time.

Have you got your Virgin SIM as it seems to take some time getting them out in some cases?

Coming to Virgin from EE I assume you are not interested in things like 4G and Call forwarding

Dmitch
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Id apply as soon as possible,

With the way Virgin works at the moment it will take a month or so just to receive confirmation of your order.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

its 24-48 working hours for the port to complete

about 5 days to receive sim unless you get this from a store

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
wendy444
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi pudden,

I'm just going through this.

When you sign up with VM my experience is that you should ignore any email saying you will get the sim the next day and you need to stay in as it needs to be signed for - its simply not true - it will come through the post in 3-5 days.

On another family phone we got a pac from ee before the monthly payment went out and gave it the new supplier after the payment to try and ensure we had paid the old supplier what was needed to cover at least 30 days.

After the transfer (took between 2-3 days and lost service for about 2 hours), EE then refunded part of the month payment for the unused days, BUT then charged a penalty (about twice the whole monthly payment) for not giving them 30 days notice :/

They credited it back + £25 goodwill (on a closed account LOL) when we pointed out that we were sure the regulator would agree that he did not intend it to be done that way...

Its seems to be a madhouse with most of them.

Dusty_Warrior
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A note of caution:

Before you move make sure you do not need to contact anyone with 07389 or 07398 mobile numbers.

Calls to these numbers are barred by Virgin, and texts are charged at premium rate. You can claim a refund for the texts each month by phoning 789.

Virgin do not have a timescale to resolve this

pudden
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That is news to me and a big consideration. Have Ofcom had nothing to say about this? The least you'd expect is an upfront warning and worst a suspension on new contracts until this is resolved.

Thanks for pointing this out.

0 Kudos
pudden
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. 

Lack of 4G and call forwarding is not a big loss to me. However it's made me think, is wifi calling available as it is on EE ?

0 Kudos
pudden
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.There's other things to consider as well it seems .
0 Kudos
pudden
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Have you anything to add about the call barring to certain numbers and wifi calling being available ?
0 Kudos