Menu
AnitaS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Transfer contacts from sim to micro sim

Hi, I've just swapped my Virgin sim for a micro sim and set up my new phone. I thought the contacts saved to my old sim would be on the new micro sim but they aren't. Can anyone tell me how to transfer from one sim to the other? Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Transfer contacts from sim to micro sim

If you are swapping SIMS then the contacts cannot be copied over as there is no physical way of the phone to do this.

There is software to do this, but I would say the easiest way is to reinsert the old sim and select "copy to phone" for the contacts, then you can reverse this with the new sim.

0 Kudos

All Replies
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are swapping SIMS then the contacts cannot be copied over as there is no physical way of the phone to do this.

There is software to do this, but I would say the easiest way is to reinsert the old sim and select "copy to phone" for the contacts, then you can reverse this with the new sim.

0 Kudos
AnitaS1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Andy. I thought that keeping the same number but changing to a micro sim would transfer the contacts automatically because I was still with Virgin. Anyway, I gave up and have just re-entered them all one by one onto my new sim and phone. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

0 Kudos