Menu
soledancer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tornado 348 memory shortage

Similar problem here, after a few weeks of minimal use from new, the phone reports memory full.  Finally did a full re-set, losing all data.  The phone was ok for another couple of weeks, then the memory was full again.  I've demanded a new phone, but all I'm offered is a repair.  If I wanted a recon phone I'd have bought one.  Not impressed after 9 years trouble free service from Three.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tornado 348 memory shortage

Have you down loaded many apps, taken lots of photos.
The phone has only 1gb memory, buy has 16 go storage, see if you can move some of the files to the memory card.

There is an option is settings that tells you about memory and what's used/left to use

Also it mainly a self help forum, call 789 they may have a quick fix for you to try, ,nopromises
0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you down loaded many apps, taken lots of photos.
The phone has only 1gb memory, buy has 16 go storage, see if you can move some of the files to the memory card.

There is an option is settings that tells you about memory and what's used/left to use

Also it mainly a self help forum, call 789 they may have a quick fix for you to try, ,nopromises
0 Kudos
soledancer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You may be onto something.  Only 1Gb memory?  I have downloaded hardly any apps, and taken only a dozen or so photos.  How can I transfer to storage, there doesn't seem to be a file system, or any control over storage transfer.  Already called 789, no hope.  They say it's a known fault, and keep making me wipe all my data.  They've offered a repair, but I'm sure they'll also just do a factory reset. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try the App Store, I thing you are using kitkat and Iirc there is an app that can move stuff to the memory card, it does depend on the hardware, I'm on an HTC and a later android version
0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You could also try doing a "clear data" on the "Google Play services" app. Or uninstall it. Restart the phone and and let the Google Play services rebuild or re-install. It's notorious for going wrong and causing memory issues such as you are experiencing.

Goto Settings>Apps and then scroll down to find Google Play services.

0 Kudos