Menu
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Timescale for fixing errors after the upgrade

Do any of the Virgin staff have any idea what sort of timescale we are looking at for fixes to the many problems that arose after the 'upgrade' (and I use the word advisedly!)

Next Week? Next Month......

pirateadie
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Timescale for fixing errors after the upgrade

I asked one of the customer service people while trying to get my phone activated if it would be ready this year and was told "maybe". I have been waiting 3 weeks now
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Like I've mentioned on another thread another issue is that online account can show a completely different tariff to that of another system that Virgin Mobile use, to be honest I didn't think there was another system but there you are.

0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

pirateadie wrote:
I asked one of the customer service people while trying to get my phone activated if it would be ready this year and was told "maybe". I have been waiting 3 weeks now

It doesn't give you a lot of hope does it?

I think Virgin are really going out of their way to tick people off with this upgrade!

Who knows what they were thinking when they started it...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi tkdfan,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with adding numbers to your mobile account.

Since the new security upgrades some customers like yourself are not seeing all their numbers under your account on the Virgin Mobile website. You could try adding your numbers back on. You do this by clicking add another number at the top right hand side of the your account section and following the steps.

If this doesn't work you would need to create a new online account with an email address not previously linked to your online account. You can do this here.

Hope this helps

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Stephen_B wrote:

Hi tkdfan,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with adding numbers to your mobile account.

Since the new security upgrades some customers like yourself are not seeing all their numbers under your account on the Virgin Mobile website. You could try adding your numbers back on. You do this by clicking add another number at the top right hand side of the your account section and following the steps.

If this doesn't work you would need to create a new online account with an email address not previously linked to your online account. You can do this here.

Hope this helps

Hi Stephen,

I've tried creating a new account for one of my missing numbers but the Security Question box is blank, and also the Captcha on that page won't accept the number I enter as valid.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi tdkfan,

You may have an issue with cookies and history on your browser. Try clearing those and see if the site will then allow you to complete the add new number section.

Have you tried to add more than one of your numbers?

Thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Stephen_B wrote:

Hi tdkfan,

You may have an issue with cookies and history on your browser. Try clearing those and see if the site will then allow you to complete the add new number section.

Have you tried to add more than one of your numbers?

Thanks

I did try to add my numbers to the existing account but I got the message 'It looks like this number belongs to somebody else' so I went into the 'Create New Account' option, which is where i met the blank Security question box. I'll try clearing cookies and see what happens.

Edit: Clearing cookies had no effect. I expect that the page is expecting me to set up a Security question and answer, but since the Question box is invisible, this will be a little difficult!

0 Kudos
lilnut
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Snap!
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Come on Virgin, Pull your socks up! We are all getting really fed up now!

Three weeks since the 'upgrade' and things seem to be going nowhere fast!

0 Kudos