Menu
jackie1969uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Throttled mobile internet

I have 3 simcards all in the same contract and terms. Doing speedtest i get between 5 and 14mb my other 2 simcards my kids use get 0.4mb at best. Have tried calling CS about it to be on the call an hour and moved to technical team. have reset all settings on phone as asked (even though my kids simcards work awful in my phone too so not a phone issue). Technical team said they have reset the monthly allowance even though they could never reach it with such slow speeds in case they had throttled. Also mentioned the change the sim fix even though daughter has already had new one last year with no fix. Then came back after on hold agin to say they worked on it and the speed will increase over the day by turning off phone every few hours and they would call next day to make sure speed improved. No phonecall, no improvement, next step if not improved is cancel both these contracts. No point have unlimited web and smart phone to get unusable speed.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Throttled mobile internet

Is there a question in there, somewhere?

0 Kudos
jackie1969uk
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes the question is how do i get it fixed? Have tried emailing a complaint too now and see if i get a reply.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was not aware that Virgin deal with complaints by email any more

0 Kudos
jackie1969uk
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I follwed the link on virgin site to make a complaint and there was email option too as no joy on calling option.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Get what fixed? It looks as if your kids have got through more than 3.5 gb of data. That's the point at which the data is throttled at base 3G speed for the remainder of the calendar month.
0 Kudos
jackie1969uk
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nope they havent went over any use they are lucky to use 250mb in any month due to the speed being so slow. Even on refresh day the speed is slow.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jackie1969uk,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy 

Sorry to hear that there are some slow speeds on your kids phones. So I can look into this for you, are you able to let me know how long this has been going on for?

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

jackie1969uk
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

This has been happening since at least summer last year but my kids have used WIFI instead at home it practically useless outside.
0 Kudos