Menu
maths15
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thinking of getting Virgin Mobile

i am thinking of getting a virgin mobile.  I used to be with them about 15 years ago, how do they shap up in the current market?

0 Kudos
maths15
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Thinking of getting Virgin Mobile

Bump.

also need two phones now, do VM offer any discounts for multiple phones?

i am unable to call them at present to find out.

thanks

0 Kudos
bs1
Superfast
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Read all the complaints on the forum, people unable to make calls or access internet and emails, can't send MMS and worst of all, NO 4G

maths15
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

But aren't these type of forums always top loaded with annoyed customers?  People rarely say thanks.  I assume a am must be lining something right?  Are they really any worse than EE, O2 etc etc?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

i've never used Vitgin mobile so i can't comment. I'm with EE as i wanted 4g. I guess if they offer what you want then go for it. Be research first.

As they use EE network maybe better to go with EE directly
0 Kudos
Tiger1962
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

They're ok - our family has 3x SIM only contracts.
0 Kudos
Koala5
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If you are not worried about 4G then there coverage is the same as E-E as that is the network 

Virgin use. But Virgin did roll out a new IT system about a month ago which seems to have caused

problems for many people, mainly with regard to access to on line accounts and billing and

making account changes etc. I guess it will be OK once they sort out the teething problems.

I don't think Virgin have any current plans for 4G for domestic customers.

If your looking for a cheap option I also found Tesco to be good, they use O2 network and do offer 4G

and are much cheaper than O2.

0 Kudos
leavethisfirm
Up to speed
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Do yourself a favour and steer clear of virgin, customer service is the worst I have ever known.
0 Kudos
bs1
Superfast
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well if you can put up with everything I've mentioned, then go for it.  Anyone on VM is missing out on 4g, if you phone doesn't do 4g you can understand, but why have a 4g phone and put up with 3G 

0 Kudos
Koala5
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

bs1 wrote:

Well if you can put up with everything I've mentioned, then go for it.  Anyone on VM is missing out on 4g, if you phone doesn't do 4g you can understand, but why have a 4g phone and put up with 3G 

Peoples circumstances vary! I spend 5 days a week in an office where I have access to wifi, obviously

wifi at home, and find the 1mb to 5mb speeds that I get on 3G quite adequate on the odd occasions I

need to use it! So I would much prefer to pay £8 a month for 1000 minutes and unlimited texts on my Virgin

sim only contract rather than £40+ a month for a new phone and super dooper 4G.

I have not had any problems with Virgin customer service or reliability other than there web site is a bit flakey

at the moment which I'm sure they will sort out.

K. 

0 Kudos