Menu
krazy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The worst customer service ever

My husband and I have 30 day sim only plans & well as tv, broadband & homephone. In May 16 his mobile phone went wrong & we thought no problem In warranty. Call to customer service " phone not recorded can't help". Visit to virgin shop very helpful . showed them the receipt. apparantly a different system used 2 years ago so they rang customer service & explained. Yes they would update the system & add the phone, take about 2 weeks. 5 weeks later after many calls hurrah we can send off the phone for repair. Success OH NO. phone returned wrong iMeI number recorded. Phoned up we will get correct number recorded. 3 weeks later not recorded . 3 phone calls yesterday & today. passed from customer service to technical. Told to take to shop !!!. Can we speak to supervisor ? on the phone will ring us back . No return call. Made another call . Half way through call when the conversation was getting difficult the agent suddenly cant hear my husband. Another call to Customer services - take it to independant repairer we will pay bill. Sorry dont believe it. And guess what warranty runs out tomorrow. And they talk about talk talk customer services! Looking at switching all services as we are feeling really ripped off. and we are not talking about an I phone but a £70 phone. 

Can anyone point us to someone who can help

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: The worst customer service ever

Sadly the only access is via 789 or a message from within your online account. imei numbers prove the phones I'd so an incorrect one recorded is a nightmare, have you considered contacting the manufacturer direct?, as if it still in warranty you can bypass Virgin I Hope this helps

0 Kudos
krazy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phones bought from Virgin = 2 years warranty. Manufacturers 1 year . It still does not solve the terrible customer service. 2 months of time wasting & no way of getting straight answers or anyway of escalating this complaint.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sadly sometimes they have trouble with the simple stuff ;(

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi krazy,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience trying to get your husband's phone repaired. Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your post. Has there been any further action on our part on this for you?

I'd like to help with this, but I'll need to verify further details with you first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi krazy,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Virgin Mobile service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
krazy
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Terri, I didn't see your previous post /private message. We went into the shop they advise we send our complaint in writing which is just another runaround . We are still to do this . Meanwhile we have taken the phone to a local repairer & it was fixed free of charge. So what sort of light does this show Virgin mobile in. And we no longer have any confidence in Virgin. So why are we looking at staying with Virgin for our other services. I really dont know. I am at the moment having problems with changing sims on my own mobile and my visit to your shop today was another wasted journey. Different staff to previously & left totally disappointed. However young lady on phone seems to be sorting my problem .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi krazy,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry that you have had such a poor experience trying to get your phone repaired.

Looking into this, I can see that your complaint has been escalated via our Customer Services department. I will send you specifics of this via a private message.

Kind regards,

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi krazy,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry that this has been such a frustrating experience for both you and your husband. 

As soon as I have a further update on this, I'll be back in touch with you. I've received confirmation that there is a problem with the IMEI number on your handset this needs to be corrected on the main system, so I'm waiting for more details about when this will be completed.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
krazy
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

But there has been a problem for months.

Terri_P wrote:

Hi krazy,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry that this has been such a frustrating experience for both you and your husband. 

As soon as I have a further update on this, I'll be back in touch with you. I've received confirmation that there is a problem with the IMEI number on your handset this needs to be corrected on the main system, so I'm waiting for more details about when this will be completed.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos