Menu
-Cal-
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The UK's best value £5 SIM Only tariff.

I got my letter today saying:

Enjoy loads of texting, chatting and browsing.

Switch to our £5 a month SIM and stay in the loop wherever you are – with unlimited texts, 250 minutes and 500MB data. On top of that, you'll be on a 30-day rolling contract, so you're not tied in.

I thought "that's really good" and the numbers are the same as giffgaff's £7.50 Goodybag.

Then when I checked out the website link <www.virginmedia.com/switchsim> I found the data had been reduced to 250MB.  What gives?

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: The UK's best value £5 SIM Only tariff.

That £5 sim has always had 250meg data allowance, so what the letter refers to is ?????.

If you've been a customer for a while, it maybe worth you ringing 789 and taking the "thinking of leaving us" option (8am to 8pm weekdays), there are deals available - the one I'm on is 250 mins/unlimited text's and 1gig of data for £6 @month.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
BSCSIS
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I got the same mailing promoting the £5, 250mins,unlimited texts and 500mb data but when i go online all I see is the 250mb version - no sign of the 500mb one . the closest is the £8 one which isn't the same thing!!

0 Kudos
BSCSIS
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The mailing from Virgin is most definitely offering a £5 pay monthly SIM swap for existing pay as you go customers, 250 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb data on a 30 day contract. it is not to be found by following the advertised link "virginmedia.com/simswitch " however. Very frustrating!
0 Kudos
robnewton1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

definatly give virgin a ring. its amazing what they can do if they think your going to leave. im getting unlimited everything (suject to fair use) for £8 a month. Id only been with virgin about 6-8 months, just one mobile & only paying £12 a month so i was hardly a priority customer.

BSCSIS
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that although my point is really that they're trying to sign up existing pay as you go customers to pay monthly by sending out a mailshot which looks good but actually isn't available from the website - not very clever.

0 Kudos