Menu
Billb175
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The System is Busy Message.

I have not been able to use my mobile for over a week. Dialling produces a 'The system is busy' message, trying to text gives me a message that tells me to activate my phone.

This started after I transferred the number from my old SIM to a new Virgin one and then started to try and use it. I have called 789 a couple of times and they assure me that the phone has been activated. At the suggestion of the people at 789 I have checked m the phone settings and they all seem to be OK. It has also been suggested that my local mast may be down, but attempting to call from close to another mast produces the same result.

I'm beginning to think that the SIM is in some way defective, or at least that I will only be able to get a connection with a new SIM.

Any suggestion as to how this phone can be got to work again will be gratefully received.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: The System is Busy Message.

Hi Billb175,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I've checked your area and I can see a mast is down to the south of you. There are masts to the north of you operating fine though.

Do you get this problem in all areas you visit?

If your phone is still not able to be used then I'd definitely recommend calling the team back. If the SIM is defective then they can arrange for a replacement to be sent.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Billb175
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I decided there was a problem with the SIM, and requested a replacement. Everything is now working as it should.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Billb175,

Many thanks for keeping me updated.

I'm really pleased to hear the service is working again following a replacement SIM card.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos