Menu
Oddity75
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

The Slot is permanently locked

Hi,

My partner bought an Alcatel PIXI4 on Virgin for my daughter, with the plans to use a BT sim in it.
She got in touch with Virgin who kindly provided an unlock code.

I'm not quite sure what she did, but when the BT sim is put in the phone it says 'the slot is permanently locked'. So presumably she's entered the unlock code incorrectly too many times resulting in this lock thing.

Is it possible to unlock the slot...or get the phone back into a state where it allows the unlock code to be entered?
I've tried doing a factory reset, but that doesn't make any difference. Once the BT sim is in the phone and you try to dial a number it says Sim is locked, with an option to 'unlock', tapping unlock doesn't do anything!

The BT sim works fine in other phones and the Virgin Sim works fine in the PIXI4.
Googling the issue hasn't brought any solutions yet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/tips/clues!

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Slot is permanently locked

Hello Steve, 

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome.

Apologies as well for the time it's taken to respond to your post.

I'm sorry to hear that your partner has accidentally locked her handset, and we'll do all we can to get this sorted out you right away. 

The first thing I need to check is when you purchased the handset from us, as this will let me know if the handset is in warranty? (The Alcatel PIXI4 comes with a 12 month warranty) 

Kind regards, 

Dean

0 Kudos
stellabreathnac
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Slot is permanently locked

I now have the same problem but i never ever caused it
It is just like that when you try to change to a new provider
There is nowhere to put the unlick code and i have already rung virgin several times over the past two weeks they told me to ring alcatel today which i did to no avail i then rang my new sim providers as virgin suggested it might their sim card they say no
What on earth can i do phone is about 21 months old or so
Stella
0 Kudos