Menu
Akobalm
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Big Switch

I have been a Virgin Mobile PAYG customer for 15 years now, the number I received by chance was as good as any Platinum number and it is still current despite me not having to top it up on a regular basis, I think it is classed as an "Original Contract" and does not require topping up unless the money left is coming to an end, the time factor does not come into it and no monthly top up required.

There came a time in the early days when I worked in an area not covered by the Virgin Network and took on sim only Pay Monthly contracts with Orange, switching to Vodafone 11 months ago, the porting of my phone took 6 months and being self employed, cause me a load of problems and heartache, and I vowed that I would leave them as soon as the twelve months period was at an end.

Virgin now have excellent coverage throughout the UK and I am tempted to switch our two Vodafone contracts to Virgin and have our numbers ported as and when.

It would be ideal to have new Virgin Pay Monthly contracts in place on the 1st of January 2016 and wondered what route to go down to see them in place, should I purchase a couple of £5 sims next month and ask for the porting to be done in the New Year, I don't want new pay monthly contracts to commence until the 1st of January or as close to that date in 2016 as possible?

Any help making this move as easy and as smooth as possible would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: The Big Switch

Hi John,

Welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

Glad to see you're such a big fan of us! We'll do all we can to help here.

Porting as close to the 1st of January as you want shouldn't be an issue. Purchasing the sims early is a good idea. You can call towards the period just after Christmas and we'll do all we can to get it ported over at a time that's good for you.

Give us a call on 789 when you're ready to do this and we'll be sure to process it all for you.

Let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Akobalm
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mat,

Many thanks for your help and input.

I contacted Vodafone only to tell them I was leaving them and not saying where I intended to move to.

They became very helpful and offered me a deal that I could not resist and have since taken up their offer.

We will see if it works out as they have promised, if not, "I'll be back".

BTW: Wonder if I am the longest serving Virgin PAYG customer now having over 15 years service?

Kind regards,

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply John Smiley Happy 

Sorry to hear we couldn't tempt you away on to our contract! Maybe sometime in the future? Smiley Wink

15 years is a long time! You may be right up there with the longest serving customers John!

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos