Menu
scurtis
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TfL Bus Arrivals Text No Longer Working

TfL operate a premium text service - you text the bus stop number to 87287 and they text you back the bus arrival times for that stop. I last used this successfully in Feb, but in the last week I've tried it several times and got no return text. On two occasions I've been refunded the 10p text charge for no apparent reason. Can anyone suggest why this has stopped working for me? I'm on PAYG and there's plenty of credit.

Thanks,

Sue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TfL Bus Arrivals Text No Longer Working

Maybe you've blacklisted the number on your handset?

Are you still being charged?

0 Kudos
scurtis
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gorf

I wouldn't know how to blacklist the number. I've had a look and can't see anything like that.

I'm being charged for the outgoing text (but twice it's been refunded instantaneously), but not for the incoming (non-arriving) text. When it works it appears as two separate entries on the 'recent usage' list.

Sue.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

scurtis wrote:

I wouldn't know how to blacklist the number. I've had a look and can't see anything like that.

I don't know how to use most of the features on my phone... the only reason I know they are there is because I activate them by pressing the wrong buttons for what I was trying to achieve.

I think it's safe to say that if the appearance of your bill/call log appears to have changed, you've not blacklisted the number: Adding it to the handset blacklist just means you don't see its texts or calls. There's no apparent change as far as Virgin and the sender are concerned.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having trouble  receiving these texts. I'm afraid we have no control over the texts on our side. We'd be unable to guarantee that this would work on our side.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
scurtis
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As an update to this, TfL now have this on their website:

"Note: Due to a technical error, Virgin Mobile customers are advised not to use this SMS service until further notice. You would not get any predictions back but may still be charged by your network for sending a message to a short code number. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

Let's hope someone works it out. I've lost 10p every time I've tried it to see if it's working again.

Sue.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sort it out?

They can't even sort out their ordering system which brings in big money

0 Kudos