Menu
lyndac
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Texts being blocked that shouldn't be!!!

Hi, I never normally do this sort of thing but I'm pulling my hair out. I've been made aware that I'm being sent texts (son's school) yet I'm not receiving them, this has been going on for more than a year now and recently I looked on my blocked calls and sms folders and found all of the school texts plus loads more in there, yet I have never blocked these numbers. The number at the top of the screen shows the same for all of the texts and that's 000000000000. They are texts from the school, from my online shopping company, appointment reminders from my Drs, delivery notifications from courier companies. It only seems to be happening since I've had my new phone (Microsoft 650) everything was fine beforehand. I've tried to unblock this number but it only gives me an option to delete or move to inbox and when I move to inbox I'm only able to delete. Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening and how to resolve the issue as I'm missing some pretty important information with this happening!!! Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Texts being blocked that shouldn't be!!!

Hi lyndac

Thanks for joining the community and getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been getting those texts. Sounds like your handset might be filtering out calls and texts from withheld numbers. To check you can follow these steps: 

• Swipe across on the home screen to bring up the side menu.
  • Select Settings.
  • Select call+SMS filter.
  • Select Advanced.
  • Ensure the switch for Block withheld numbers is set to off.

Hope this helps but let me know how you get on.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos