Menu
charli_a87
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Texts and calls to standard UK mobile number being charged at premium rate?

Hi, 

i regularly text/call a standard Vodafone uk mobile number but every time I do it is charged as a premium text. I've deleted the number to remove the +44 and added it again as 07, I don't send picture messages or emojis, so don't know why this keeps happening. I've been calling the contact centre for months about this and they have noted it as a problem, but nothing has been done. I can see from previous posts that this has been a problem for other people, so just wondering how I can sort this issue out? I've also tried to raise this as a complaint with Virgin (in writing)but had no response.... Not really sure what to do now! 

Any help from someone how has previously had this problem too would be appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Texts and calls to standard UK mobile number being charged at premium rate?

Hi Charli_a87,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've been charged for making regular calls.We are aware of this issue and we're aiming to get it fixed as soon as possible.

We'd be happy to credit you for the charges while we get this sorted. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
charli_a87
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mat.

Is there any indication as to when this issue will be resolved? It's been happening to me for about 12 months...
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Charli_a87 Smiley Happy

I don't have a specific fix date on this currently. I'll raise this with a colleague and will post back if I hear anything.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos