Menu
Montbo
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Texting the Isle of Man - is there a solid answer?

Hey,

I've been looking around the internet to see if texting a friend in the Isle of Man would be feasible - what I've gathered, is that half the people say it works, the other half say it's just purely costly.

I'm currently using a mobile with unlimited texts, on monthly - texting seems to work, but I do not know what the cost is, especially if I'm on contract. Are these texts covered by the contract? The virgin website just says that calls/texts to "other UK Networks" includes Isle of Man, but doesn't explicitly say if the cost is included in the contract or is an extra fee.

Since there is so little solid information - does anyone have any experience/can anyone clear this up once and for all?

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Texting the Isle of Man - is there a solid answer?

Hi Montbo,

My apologies, you are correct I've posted the wrong link for you and confused myself in the process.

I've edited my previous post to save any confusion.

Here is the link for making calls abroad from the UK. The Isle of man wouldn't be classed as calling abroad even though roaming charges would apply should you go there.

The texts you have sent already which are showing under your inclusive texts are correct.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Montbo,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Thanks for posting your query here.

The Isle of Man call and text charges are available here for you.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Montbo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I saw this page before - but it seems to be related to sending/calling while IN the Isle of man, rather from UK to IoM.

I've tested sending messages and they show up under the "Inclusive Texts" in the My Account app, though I presume this is because it's counting all apps sent, I haven't had a chance to.

So this applies to sending from the UK as well? That's a shame.

Thanks though!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Montbo,

My apologies, you are correct I've posted the wrong link for you and confused myself in the process.

I've edited my previous post to save any confusion.

Here is the link for making calls abroad from the UK. The Isle of man wouldn't be classed as calling abroad even though roaming charges would apply should you go there.

The texts you have sent already which are showing under your inclusive texts are correct.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

Montbo
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Aha! Thanks for this!
0 Kudos