Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Texting - anyone else had this issue?

I texted my wife a few hours ago and got a "message not sent" error. I tapped the exclamation mark next to the unsent message and it tried again, but failed. Amused by the possibility that it might be a confirmation handshake problem, and that she might be actually receiving them, I hit the exclamation mark a few more times. About ten.

Then, to see if it was a problem with Virgin, I tried texting my son and that one failed too. I was standing right next to him so I rang him and the call was connected. When I tried a second time the text was delivered to him, so I hit the exclamation mark next to the failed message to my wife and it sent immediately. She replied immediately, and only got the message once.

Anyone got any explanation as to what happened?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Texting - anyone else had this issue?

Hi Gorf,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you had some issues with texting. I want to get to the bottom of what happened here. Did this happen on an iPhone? Was it an iMessage connecting through Wi-Fi?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Mat - nope - not iMessage. This was using the stock messaging app on a Samsung Galaxy S4

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Gorf Smiley Happy

That's very odd indeed! I'm not too sure what caused the phone to lose connection I'm afraid. Have you had any more issues with it since then?

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos