Menu
Rachel284
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Text problems - error code 38

Hi,

Two days ago, I stopped being able to text certain people. Now it is up to four people that I can't text although I still can receive their messages. I get the message pop up "unable to send, Virgin error 38".

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rachel

0 Kudos
lacoste1985
Tuning in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text problems - error code 38

im having exactly the same issue and its driving me mad as one of the people im trying to text is my mortgage broker. this is very annoying when youre trying to buy a house!! virgin, sort it out, has to be a network error!!

0 Kudos
Chris_P
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Please add myself and a friend of mine each experiencing this same problem since Friday on Virgin mobile. One old Motorola phone, one much newer Samsung.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel284,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you are unable to send texts. Are you able to send the texts now? Have you called in to report this? If you have, what were you advised?

Please let me know, so I can look into this for you if the issue is still ongoing. I'll need to take more details from you to investigate this problem, so I will send you a private message. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of the page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi lacoste1985,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forum. I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem sending text messages. 

Checking into this, I can see that you called in and spoke to our team about this. Has this been sorted out for you?

If you are still having a problem, I can look into this for you, but I'll need to take more information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris_P,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you are having problems sending text messages. Are you still experiencing a problem with this? Have you called in to report this? If you have, what were you advised?

If you are still unable to send text messages, I can look into this for you. I will need to take more information from you, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Danmirta
Just joined
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Why don't you explain what error 38 is so that this thread could be helpful to other people who are looking up the same problem?
JockinLeeds
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'm having same issue... Pain in the bum trying to keep family up to date when in hospital!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danmirta and JockinLeeds

Sorry for the delay getting back to you both. Whilst error 38 appears to be a general message failure error, generally it is resolved by a hard reboot of the handset.

If not removing and re-adding the contact also seems to resolve it in most cases. If you find that your messages still aren't sending please do let me know.

Many regards.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

firstandlast
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I started getting this problem on the day my number got ported over from my former provider.

Unable to send messages to random contacts only for them to go through ok a few days later. Some contacts I couldn't even phone. I got a message saying the number was not available from my network!

I have an android phone (Nexus 6p). I put my SIM in iPhone and messages sent ok.

What I have done is to change the app that I use for text messaging from the stock android messaging app to another one and it seems to have fixed it. So for those on android try that and see.

Hope it helps.
0 Kudos