Menu
jacquildavies
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Text messages won't send

I have been using an Alcatel Onetouch 10.16G for a few months. However I am now having problems with sending texts. It was coming up with a message saying 'maximum capacity' when I try to create a new message. If I try to resend an old message it just comes back as 'failed'. I have made sure there is plenty of room for more messages on the phone and on the SIM but this doesn't make any difference. I have tried the SIM in another phone but the problem persists. Could the problem lie with the SIM card itself?

I am at the end of my tether as this is my work phone and rely on it to contact customers  I hope someone will be able to help. Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Text messages won't send

It sounds like you have to many texts on the sim. The sim can store then

m but only about 12. The best thing for you to do is remove or delete all the texts on the sim. When you have done that check that the correct service message centre is stored on the phone. Normally it's open messages, select settings, then either, more or text messages sums, then service centre or service centre number change the number if it's different to: +447958879890.    Include the + , then press ok and try again.

0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It sounds like you have to many texts on the sim. The sim can store then

m but only about 12. The best thing for you to do is remove or delete all the texts on the sim. When you have done that check that the correct service message centre is stored on the phone. Normally it's open messages, select settings, then either, more or text messages sums, then service centre or service centre number change the number if it's different to: +447958879890.    Include the + , then press ok and try again.

0 Kudos
jacquildavies
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John. It was the the service centre number which needed changing. How it was suddenly changed. What a palarva!
0 Kudos