Menu
steeev0
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Text message problems

Hi, I've been having problems with sending and receiving text messages recently on my Nexus 4.

Some texts were not sending to some contacts but others were OK. 

Having spoken in person to some of my friends over the past week it seems I still haven't received a number of texts from them. 

Can someone look into this please?

0 Kudos
SteveKnapper
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text message problems

Hi, I am having the same problems, I contacted Virgin 2 weeks ago and they said it might be a problem with my sim, so they sent me another.

This didn't sort the problem out, I have just been into my local store where I bought the phone from and they told me that EE were upgrading the network and it is the problem, and to call 789 to see if my number is being upgraded.

I have just rang 789 and they hadn't a clue what I was talking about.

now in a contract with problems receiving texts

0 Kudos
steeev0
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone looking into this or should I get my PAC code now?

0 Kudos
steeev0
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PAC received at second attempt, 4g here I come!

A quick thanks to virgin, your lack of response gave this long term customer the kick up the butt I needed to switch!
0 Kudos
steeev0
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm guessing this is a known problem that virgin have no solution for? Otherwise why would they be ignoring me?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

steeev0 wrote:

I'm guessing this is a known problem that virgin have no solution for? Otherwise why would they be ignoring me?

They aren't ignoring you, they just take ages to respond to any thread. In addition, other responses from the community push the thread down the "to do" list, so your reply posts (and this one of mine) aren't helping.

Having said all that, you've already said you've jumped ship for a competitor. If I were a VM employee, I'd be avoiding the thread too, because it would just be bumping the fact that you've gone to a competitor. If you've already gone, why would you want a response?

0 Kudos
steeev0
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So they aren't ignoring me, just "avoiding the thread"?!!

Nice....

Why would I want a response? Well, until my new sim arrives I'm still experiencing my original problem. I came here for some help, maybe I was being naive....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi steeev0

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your text messages.

This is primarily a community based forum where customers help each other out.

We don't recommend you use the forums if you require immediate assistance from us as we tend to only help out on threads that don't receive a community response or where the issue needs further support from us.

For help with any issues you're having, we'd always recommend giving the team on 789 / 0345 600 0789 a call first of all for immediate assistance, but you can find more information about all our contact options on our 'Contact Us' page here.

Is this something we can still help out with? I'm really sorry to hear it if you've already left us.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos