Menu
jock1e
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Text message from Virgin saying they areupdating their sim cards

Got a Text message from Virgin saying they are updating their sim cards and to text them back to get it for free. Got an email message from them to day to expect the new sim card within 7 days. Now after Searching Virginmedia to see why they are updating all the sim cards I can find no sign of it anywhere. Is this just a scam from them to put you on a higher tariff or do the prices stay the same. Nothing was said about changing tariff's, but I did notice their prices were going up from £8 to £9.is that for the new sim cards,
0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text message from Virgin saying they areupdating their sim cards

I understand from a post made by one of the moderators on here that some SIM cards are being updated on an ongoing program.

That should not make changes to your tariff

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Sims are being slowly replaced to make it easier if you upgrade to a 4g Tarrif in the future, it should not alter the Tarrif or price you are on now when you activate it.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
jock1e
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for that information I hope I do not have to come back with a different story. I have been misled by them before and ended up in a new contract which they said I could cancel at any time only to be told that i could not cancel it as it was on a new contract. So always a bit wary since then.
0 Kudos