Menu
Jenni951
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Text message failed to send

Hi Folks

I am having problems that when I try to send a normal, short text message, I am getting an error message failed to send.  I try to resend and still the same.  This happened once last week but nothing since until this morning. I am using an unlocked Honor5x phone which is dual sim and have been trying to text numbers on the vodafone and EE network.

As I have a dual sim phone I have also tried sending and receiving text messages to my friends on Vodafone and EE with my Giffgaff SIM and this has worked with no problems. Apparently however, although I get Failed to send message some of the messages are getting through, unfortunately I am not receiving the replies. 

Having looked at some of the posts on here and the various suggestions offered....... I have restarted my phone, switched it off for 10mins and rebooted the phone, checked the message settings and access numbers, reset the message settings and access numbers, changed the allocation of 4g and 2g sim slots between my 2 sim cards, manually selected mobile network providers, auto selected module network providers and deleted my text message conversations (all 5 of them!!) so as not to clog up the memory.  Oonly a new VM customer since Feb and never had these problems with this handset before.  I wonder if there is a network issue too as I usually receive a 4G signal in my city centre work location, but not today. 

Not quite sure what to do next, apart from the obvious which is ditch the VM Sim only contract.

Any advice gratefully received. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text message failed to send

Hi Jenni951,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your Virgin Mobile service. Has this improved for you since your post?

Thank you for letting us know all the checks you've already tried. These checks rule out an issue with the handset. A couple of things could be causing this type of issue. The first one, as you've already mentioned, is a problem with the network in your area and the second could be a problem with your SIM card. 

Have you noticed the problem happens in a specific area (like the city centre as you noted in your post) or in all areas where you use your mobile?

You can also check the network coverage on the following links:

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details so I can check your network connection. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Jenni951
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid the issue wasn't just contained to the city centre (which is where I get the best signal normally) but has also happened in my home area (indoors and outdoors). Being within the city boundary your coverage checker shows that I should have a fantastic signal in all areas. I also am within 600m of an EE mast and 400m of an Orange mast. Since last Tuesday and Wednesday the issue has got better and I haven't had any problems with failed messages since Thursday, according to my handset anyway. But over the weekend friends have reported delays or non receipt of texts so I'm still not sure I can trust that messages will be sent or received.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenni951,

If your texts still aren't sending correctly then I'll need to look into this. I will need to take more information from you, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenni951,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. I've been able to check your settings on the network and everything is correct, so the next step is to send you a replacement SIM card.

I have ordered the new SIM card for you and this will be delivered to your home address within 7 working days by Royal Mail. Don't worry about staying in for the delivery as it can be posted through your letter box. 

Please activate the SIM within 30 days. To activate your new SIM:

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jenni951
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. 

I'll look out for it in the post and fingers crossed it will do the trick. 

Kind regards

Jenni 

0 Kudos
Krammers
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Jenni951 wrote:

Many thanks. 

I'll look out for it in the post and fingers crossed it will do the trick. 

Kind regards

Jenni 

Hi Jenni, did the replacement sim solve your problems? I have exactly the same issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jenni951
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it did.
0 Kudos