Menu
Jules5
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Text from virgin

Why am I not receiving a text from virgin straight away to tell me I have went over my data usage until I have spent around £5-£10 it is so annoying and I would turn my mobile data off buy it's far to late by the time my text comes through
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text from virgin

Hi Jules5

Let me welcome you to the Community and thank you for taking the time to post here.

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with the SMS advising of your data usage limit being exceeded.

The SMS that we send will only be sent after the session that carries you over the threshold has ended.

For example, if there is any streaming/downloading taking place that carries you over your allowance, the SMS will only be sent after that stream has been closed or the download completed.

If you are using an android phone, you can use the Data Usage feature in your device to set a warning and a limit that will disable your data at a set threshold. This can be accessed by hitting Settings > Data Usage.

Hope this helps you avoid future data charges and should you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos