Menu
ooodyerooo
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Terrible service.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bear with me on this - I have just had the most frustrating call with virgin mobile......

i have been with virgin mobile for years and years.  Last month I got a call offering me a sim for my wife for £2.50 per month which I took, got the SIM card but after a couple of days without even using the sim my wife decided to stay on her o2 pay as you go. I called virgin to cancel the £2.50 per month charge as well within the 14 day cancellation and this was apparently done - however  about half an hour I got a text saying that my phone contract was cancelled.....the lady on the phone cancelled the wrong one!  I called Immediately to advise of her error and that is when my problems started.  I have been on a 600 minute, unlimited text and 1 gb data deal for years - I pay £5 per month ( was £15 per month but always had a £10 per month discount since took out several years ago) - anyway - I obviously called to get this amended, to ensure the £2.50 per month was cancelled and to make sure mine was ok....however I was told my account could not be put back to how it was due to the offer I was on is not on anymore!!!!!this was literally within the hour that the virgin lady cancelled the wrong account - so their error and they said they could not rectify!  Anyway after a bit of rife they finally agreed to give me the same as I was on for £5.11 per month and also give me a £10 credit on the account as a goodwill gesture (as I was not happy on principle to pay an extra 11p per month due to their mistake).   I had done 2 texts and been on the internet within the time the lady cancelled the wrong account and me getting the text showing the wrong account cancelled. Today I looked at my bank statement to see that virgin had taken £12.20 instead of £5.11 - I call a lady at virgin from a foreign call centre and advised of the error and to ask why I was charged nearly £7 too much after being put on hold countless times for ages she said that the charges were correct, I asked what they were for and she advised I was charged for calls texts and going over Internet allowance - even though I did not go over anything, I was on unlimited texts anyway and even though I pointed this out she still insisted the charges were correct. I asked to speak to her manager and she would not put me through - instead she just said that she would send me the breakdown on email - for some reason she could not see that I always paid £5 per month, was well within my tariff limits and when I said if this was correct, why was I charged for texts she had no answer - all she said was "can I help you any further" then sent me back to the virgin automated voice menu without giving me the chance to say anything!!!! I did tell her that I was getting annoyed as no one was understanding but this was the most terrible service I have ever received. I hope someone from virgin reads this and contacts me - I have TV, Internet and home phone through virgin but maybe not for much longer!!!!! Terrible, terrible, terrible

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible service.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ooodyerooo,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding the issue with your service. I'm sorry that the wrong mobile was cancelled and that has produced further issues with your account billing.

I understand that you experienced difficulties when calling in to us, but to get this sorted you would need to speak to the teams via 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone). You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us and they will be able to look into your complaint regarding the cancellation and billing dispute further. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Privas65
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is a terrible story. This appears to be mainly due to the call centre staff either not having the correct information in front of them or them just being rubbish.

i have had a similar experience of the call centre recently, my choice was to cancel. 

To be told to phone them again is probably the most annoying thing. There should be an option to escalate this when there is a suitable problem to someone 'closer to home' . Virgin, show us how important customer service is, don't just tell us.

Nowtv
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin customer service is rubbish.

Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rusbish is useful it can be re-cycled. Virmin call centre staff are uselees and lie

glad I moved from mobile with them to a better customer focus retailer

Nowtv
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Since I have moved, my phone service with 3 is great.  Always get a good enough signal to give me good quality phone calls, data internet and text messages.  Virgin Mobile and EE network is terrible.

0 Kudos
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am with 3

Costing me £9 a month and I get 4g is nearly all the places I goto

The call centre staff are very friendly and helpful and if passed onto another department I do not have to spend repeated minutes telling them my security details.

On another note I got a final reminder that I still owe 72p from my last phone bill, ill await the bailiffs. (looking at the bill this is just for handling costs LMAO

0 Kudos