Menu
ve
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Terrible service!!

I've been a client of virgin for mobile and broadband for a few months now and i can only say that they have the worst service I've ever experienced. The mobile reception is absolute rubbish (even though they advertise it to be the best out there... If this is true I can't even imagine how other people cope with their mobile reception). The mobile internet connection is atrocious, I find it impossible to make a VOIP call in the middle of London! (Mind you i am not in the middle of nowhere!). In addition to this, there is not a week when my home broadband does not have issues with connectivity. I feel like I'm paying for a service and getting less than half what I'm paying for! This is unbelievable! Sorry about the rant but just had to let it out. Maybe (doubt it) they will fix something about this. I mean, if I were to live in a secluded, isolated place, these would be issues to expect, but not in the middle of London... Unbelievable 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible service!!

Totally agree. People in London should get a far better service than someone in a rural community paying the same amount.

(Sorry, I appear to have lost my sarcasm icon)

Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ve,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with mobile reception in London.

I'd like to take a look at this for you. 

I have sent you a private message (red envelope, top left hand side) so I can gather some mobile details from you.

Regarding the issues you've been having with your broadband I would recommend posting this in the broadband boards so we and the community can take a look at it for you.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ve
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry, I'm not saying it's fair that people who live in a more rural area have worse service than people in the city. But in general that's what happens. Doesn't mean it's right, especially if you're paying the same you should get the same level of service. No need for sarcastic icons, really. Besides, where I come from (and I'm not British), I have much better mobile (and mobile internet) in the countryside than I've ever had in London. Just can't understand why that is. 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All down to the volume of people trying to use the service. Each mast can only handle so much. Although in towns they are nearer together it is sometimes impossible to to supply the number of masts required. 3G is very bad in this respect. (I won't go into the technical reasons) This is why networks will be introducing Voice over LTE to their 4G networks and adding voice over Wifi to ease the congestion.

0 Kudos