Menu
Wozza1981
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Terrible customer services and a plan i cant use yet are paying for! Please help!

Hello there, just wondering if anyone can help me out please? I've been phoning customer services about my mobile phone contract and I'm completely shocked at the service being provided as I find the broadband and tv customer services amazing! I took out a 24 month contract on my daughters phone and decided to place a cap on it a couple of months back to make sure she didn't go over her data allowance, I explained what I wanted and what I wanted it for to be told it was no problem and had been done for me, so around 2 weeks later my daughters phone was completely cut off, I couldn't phone her she could not phone me, major problem as she goes to school quite far from my house and had missed the coach, when she was late home and I couldn't get in contact with her I was frantic, I rang yourselves to ask why my daughters phone was playing a message saying her service was no longer or something along those lines, I was told when she reached the cap I had in place it would cut off all together! I had not been informed this at all and to be honest do not understand the policy I have two other contracts and I have used all my data but have had 500 minutes and unlimited messages left I still got to keep them and just have my data stopped! I was told to pay £2 to completely restore her services so I did and managed to get in contact with her, however that was all I could do, she could not phone me as I was told she would beable too, I let it go, she was home and that was the main thing, we then swapped phones, I have a work phone if I need to make a call and my daughter could use mine to call me in emergencies so I awaited her new allowance to start I had a message to say it had but again no services so I rang customer services again to be told it can take up to 48 hours to get services back so again I waited, nothing happened within 3 days so we have rang again to be told all the allowance had been used again! I can assure you it has not, data roaming/mobile data has been off at all times, no calls or texts have been sent off this number in weeks, background data is also turned off I've tried explaining this only to be told time and time again that this is why she has no service and nobody seems to be listening to me, I asked to talk to a complaints department only to be told it would be logged for me and that was all was offered, also they informed me bill was £5 more than the cap I had set when I asked how that could be they told me that they could not cap or put a stop on data so when I asked them why she could not use her data to watsapp me she was safe, they said because I had capped her data! Its utterly confusing and a complete contridiction on what they had just told me that they couldn't cap data so when I highlighted that issue we just went around in circles again and again and sadly again! Short of it I'm paying for contract I can't use or cancel and not only that I'm paying over the cap I set for service I'm being told can't be capped yet not being able to use it because it has been capped! Completely confusing and frustrating! Please if someone knows a direct number to help after being on hold and passed from department to department for 1 hour and 47 minutes I've had enough! Many thanks a distressed customer!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Terrible customer services! Please help!

Hi Wozza1981

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to hear about your difficulties with your daughter’s phone. I'd really like to look into this and see if I can clarify the situation for you. I've sent you a private message which you can access by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Terrible customer services! Please help!

Hi Wozza1981

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to hear about your difficulties with your daughter’s phone. I'd really like to look into this and see if I can clarify the situation for you. I've sent you a private message which you can access by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos