Menu
Jacqmar1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Terrible customer service

I have the week from he'll with customer service. My contract was due to end, I thought September but they told me November, which in the event was incorrect. I wanted to know my options and after looking on the website decided I would upgrade  my phone if I could keep  the cost around the same. Spoke 10  days ago to guy off shore  who gave me a discount price for phone but suggested I wait for week or so to get the 4G. Said he would call me back 14th November to which I agreed. Bearing in mind I am still paying same amount  monthly even tho 24 months finished. Well he didn't call back and spent hours on phone today and waiting to speak to a manager for   an hour and then being cut off. I am furious. Eventually spoke to a so called manager who said the guy 10 days ago was either mistaken or lied about the price. No discount offered to long standing customers and no recommence for my trouble.I have registered 2 complaints  which have not been acknowledged. I have just taken a cheaper sim only deal as a stopgap. If I had not started this I would be paying  £20 odd ponds per month for an old phone with a limited data and calls package.Sorry but I feel part of the problem is the language barrier and it is impossible  to get through to a UK call centre. I will be moving to a different provider before the month is out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible customer service

Hi Jacqmar1

I'm really sorry to hear about your difficulties with your Virgin Mobile package. I'd like to look into your account and see if we can clarify the current situation. So I can do so I've sent you a private message which you can access by clicking on the envelope in the top right of your screen.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I agree about the off-shore thingy, it is no good at all, either they don't understand what you are trying to tell them, or they lie that they do and give out incorrect information.

I was given a pack of lies by Virgin staff from the Philippines over the last few days and it just isn't good enough, I also think that a UK customer should be able to easily get in contact with a UK call centre!

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Regretfully, the scale of economics will usually dictate that if you want UK based customer services, you must pay for the privilege in the form of a higher monthly bill.

0 Kudos