Menu
Smifta1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Terrible customer service - mobile

Wife mis-sold Kazam Tornado 348. Promise functionality it can't deliver. First courier delivery failed to arrive and told went to different street and house number. Second arrived another day but was to be collected and new phone delivered. Told this twice by UK staff but two days failed delivery. Now told by Indian call centre that can't cancel contract. Now a jiffy bag is mentioned as being sent for first time. So in total four days waiting in for courier. Hours on phone to people we can't understand. T&Cs only explained after activation of separate sim card order for our youngest. We feel the Indian ones just lie and tell you anything to fob you off. Absolutely dreadful. Next stop OFCOM. I have a sim deal of my own which I shall be cancelling when I line up a deal elsewhere.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Terrible customer service - mobile

Hi Smifta1977,

Welcome into the Community, it's good to see a new face Smiley Happy

It looks like you've not had the best of starts and this is a real shame as we can really put a sparkle on things when it goes right.

I can see you've mentioned a Jiffy bag is being sent out, has this arrived yet? I would like to help and if you do need further support, please let me know.

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Smifta1977
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still no sign of a jiffy bag for the phone my wife was sent and does not want. This is just a joke. I've used Virgin for years for different products and the mobile side has to be the worst
0 Kudos
Smifta1977
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Before the jiffy bag was ever mentioned, my wife was promised that the courier delivering a replacement phone would pick up the one we did not want in its original packaging. This was promised faithfully by your UK based staff. So the question is: Are Virgin staff trained and paid to lie to customers? This has cost us our time and money and my wife has since asked to cancel. The direct debits for the phone and sim have been cancelled with the bank. I will be putting in a claim through the small claims court for our time sat waiting at home and on the phone if this is not resolved amicably and reporting Virgin to OFCOM
0 Kudos
Smifta1977
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So, is anyone at Virgin going to help? Preferably someone that understands what is being said and doesn't tell a pack of lies. No jiffy bag has arrived. There is no jiffy bag. There never was. Another lie. My wife wants to send the unwanted phone back and cancel both the sim and phone deal but she is being deliberately prevented from exercising her statutory right to cancel. Your company is breaking the law. Can you please message me to address this issue
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smifta1977,

I'm sorry that you still have not received a returns pack for the handset you requested. If you have cancelled your contract, the packaging should have been sent to you. 

If you would like for me to check this for you, I'll need to verify your account details. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

The Forum Team cannot process a cancellation request; this has to be done by calling in or in writing. Details for the address can be found on Contact Us (also found at the very bottom of this page) or please call in on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline). 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Smifta1977
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No it has not, despite being told it was being sent out again.  Just a tissue of lies from Virgin call centre staff all the way through.  Unfortunately, Virgin is doomed to collapse if it doesn't change its ways and stop trying to treat customers with utter contempt.  We feel like Virgin is behaving like dodgy timeshare sales people.

0 Kudos
Smifta1977
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Seriously?  Are you attempting humour here?  Stating we can only cancel via the contact us links or phone numbers.  We have tried all that and are ignored and lied to.  We have done all this.  Is our only hope taking Virgin to court?  This really is a joke

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smifta1977,

I understand you're unhappy with the situation. If you have raised a formal complaint by calling or writing in to us and have not come to a satisfactory resolution within 8 weeks, there are other options you can take, as outlined in our Code of Practice found on our Help pages.

To access this information, please go to Terms and conditions - Our Codes of Practice: 

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html#17

If you would like to escalate your concerns to us then please get in touch following those methods to allow us to deal with your complaint in the proper procedure.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos