Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13 (159 Views)

Terrible Mobile Signal

Hi all

Over the last week my mobile signal at home has been terrible - its impossible to hold a conversation on it as it keeps cutting out. I rang Virgin and they said I need a new 4G sim and that arrived yesterday. The signal is still terrible :-(

My husbands phone has the same problem. I really don't want to ring them again as its an overseas call centre and it's difficult enough to sort a problem with overseas call centres when the phone actually works! What has happened - have they turned off a mast or something?

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 2 of 13 (124 Views)

Re: Terrible Mobile Signal

You can check for a known fault at https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

Do you know if any of your neighbours are (served by the EE network and) having the same problem? Virgin Mobile runs over EEs network.

Tuning in
Message 3 of 13 (121 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I checked EE yesterday and they said a problem had been fixed but today that has changed to "service problem in M41". I will just have to hope they fix it soon. The internet is playing up now too.....*cry*.......

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13 (99 Views)

[ Edited ]

I can't believe this is still going on all these weeks later. We have three Virgin Mobiles in the house and not one of them is of any use to make or receive phone calls. They are all constantly cutting out. So I am still on the phone to Virgin Media overseas contact centre now after one hour. I'm onto the third representative now - the first having cut me off after 25 minutes, the second passed me on to the third after lots of troubleshooting and now the third one isn't sure what to do. Apparently I should have a great signal!. After many, many years with virgin it's looking like time for us to leave :-(

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13 (82 Views)

All that sounds familiar http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Recent-Reception-issues/td-p/3457079

Since I've had zero help since Virgin sent a new sim out which did no good at all! I ordered an EE sim to try that, same signal, so it's not just a problem on Virgins part of the EE mast. I've also ordered a Vodafone sim to see what signal that pulls in, if it's better than I'll be switching over when the new iPhone is out in September.

Tuning in
Message 6 of 13 (76 Views)

After 1.5 hours on the phone the representative (Roxy) told me that there has been an issue affecting customer signal since 13 April and they don't know when it will be fixed. Why did it take so long to confirm this as they told me the same thing 4 weeks ago but yesterday they insisted on taking me through all the troubleshooting again. They just aren't listening! If it isn't fixed by this time next week we will have to leave Virgin mobile. I'm in M41 area parajack, where are you?

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13 (73 Views)

Long time to have a problem and not know when it will be fixed! I'm just outside Chester M56/M53 area.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13 (54 Views)

Hi aruss380,

Thanks for keeping the thread updated. I'm disappointed to hear the poor signal issue is still ongoing in your area, sorry about that.

I've checked your area here but it says there are no problems. It does you give you the option to report a problem so I'm curious to know if you've filled it out previously?

Do you get a better signal when you're out and about?

Any idea if your neighbours are experiencing the same issue? (if they're on VM or EE)

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13 (50 Views)

I reported a problem via EE but within 24 hours they sent me a message which said it had been fixed....yet the signal was just the same!

I spoke to someone today and they are with EE and have the same problem in and around this entire area, apparently a local mast had been vandalised and they have had vans there all week sorting it out! Yet the website is still showing "NO KNOWN PROBLEMS".

I was asked to give a forum team member my details last Saturday, I did that and yet I'm still waiting for a reply even though they have been online!!!

The lack of help from Virgin means that I will be moving to Vodafone as soon as the new iPhone is out in September, I'll also be moving my wife to another provider for her sim deal.

Forum Team
Message 10 of 13 (38 Views)

Hi parajack,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having signal issues in your area. I can see that I requested them from you before, but Rich had been in touch with you when I was away and advised you about work on the mast in your area.

In order to look into this further for you, please send me a private message with the following information so we can investigate this ongoing issue:

• Do you have signal problems when away from home?
  • Do other networks have a signal problem at your property?
  • Does your signal improve if you put your SIM card in a different handset?
  • Have you tried replacing your SIM card?

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos