Menu
lucysnanna2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Talk about a Rip Off !

Ok i put in a cancelleation of my contract mobile phone and i then received this e-mail and i quote :

Your request to cancel your mobile phone contract with virgin mobile has been successful

It then goes on to say your cancellation period will run between 13/07/2016 to 12/08/2016

also states how many minutes etc then it says

quote: The charges for this 1 month notification period shape up like this £0.00

I changed bank accounts but did not feel the need to re-instate the Direct debit as i was paid up or so i thought

However i started to receive texts on the phone saying they could not collect a payment

I am no longer using that phone i have a contract elsewhere which i took out in July

I phoned virgin mobile and was told not to worry the account was up to date and the direct debit was cancelled anyway

However after receiving another message i was told i still owed £12.60 so i said well i am not setting a new direct debit up now there is no point

The person i spoke to said ...this is final account payment and i will take a card payment

So i paid the £12.60 by card

I did say however that i did not want that card stored on the account either because there would be no need for it

Then 3 days later i find out my phone account has been suspended ..blocked from using it

I phone 789 to be told that because there is no direct debit set up because i cancelled my account had to be suspended until i give bank details and set up a direct debit

I explain that there is only 4 or 5 days left remaining on the account and it is all paid up anyway so how can they suspend an account that is paid

I am being refused usage of my allowance that i have paid for

Irrespective of whether or not i would use it they surely are acting illegally

After all if you can pay on receipt of bill (at an extra charge ) why ami forced into a direct debit for an account that is paid up and will be turned off in 4 days anyway

I am furious every time i phone virgin i get a different story of people different solutions and then when they are not forthcoming i gat another different problem

All i can say is i would NEVER get into a contracyt with virgin mobile ever again

It cost £20 last December to register with fraud protection company because virgim had allowed some-one on a web chat to change the address on my account and order a sim card

That was an absolute nightmare

I had to change bank account numbers cards etc

I had to watch everythimh like a hawk and i was unable to cancel the phone account then (still in contract)

I certainly did not want to put bank details etc on an account that had previously been the subject of an attempted fraud

I needed to cancel this account as soon as i was able and i have had to go on numerous times in the last 8 months and change my telephone or webchat password in order to prevent this

Why on earth would i put new details on when i will no longer be checking that account when it is closed

I want to be free of this and have peace of mind as far as this account is concerned

Virgin mobile are complete joke ! but i am deffinately not laughing

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talk about a Rip Off !

Contract phones require active direct debits as part of the agreement, I agree with you that in your case you've paid up and should not need it, however Virgins view is you could run up a large bill and not pay it. They'll not activate it without sadly

0 Kudos
lucysnanna2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh well great ...... They have even stopped me receiving calls ...can't get any calls or text messages ..I ordered an large item a month ago but was not in stock for delivery till August 16th

Now i cannott receive calls ..they would have phoned or texted me 3 days before delivery #

This means i would expect a call on Friday ..tomorrow ...now i am on S.O.S ..have been since i phoned virgin mobile

I can't even phone them now !!

This is an absolute disgrace i have £12.90 a couple of days ago and they have stopped me receiving calls

Well i will be cancelling all my virgin contract ... i am paying those rip off merchants £65 a month so they won't be getting that much longer

I'll go anywhere but i am not staying with this lot

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If your signal Is good then try EE and a 4G data connection of you need it

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi lucysnanna2,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced with us.

J0hn is correct, a direct debit is required for a pay monthly contract. You may choose to pay in advance but must still maintain an active direct debit for your account. 

I can see that you also have other Virgin Media services with us. You can contact Virgin Mobile by ringing 150 from a Virgin Media landline (Freephone) and taking option 2. Please give us a call so that we can get this sorted out for you.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos