Menu
pshrink3
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Systems Failure?

I get a message to say that I have a  Virgin video message

I use the phone number the message was sent to, and the password sent in the "how to view" message, and one or both are rejected.

It is a Virgin phone number that they have sent the message to, and a Virgin generated password - so just what is wrong with the system?

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Systems Failure?

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to check - did you enter your phone number without any spaces in the form '447...' (not 07... or +447...)?
The password has to be exactly as sent - if you are typing it then case matters and double check 0 O 1 I characters.
0 Kudos
pshrink3
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Password typed exactly as sent.

Confirmed with the alleged sender that no such message was sent.
The pattern of messages was identical with those described by ruizzoak above, and the messages were inserted into a sequence of SMS messages with the alleged sender.
if this is not a systems problem, then I assume that the messages were sent by Virgin, or by a Virgin employee.
Trust has now gone out of the window.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey pshrink3, 

I am sorry to hear that you are receiving some unwanted messages advising you have MMS waiting. One of the things I would advised to stop this from happening is remove the sim card fully from the device, after a few seconds place it back into the device and reboot it. Another thing that can stop these unwanted messages is disconnecting you from the network and re-joining. Depending on the operating system of your device, you would do the following:

• Android - Tap on apps - Tap on settings - Tap on either more, more networks or mobile networks – Tap on network operators - Tap on search. When the list is populated select virgin from the list with either 3G or 4G depending on your plan. 

• iPhone - Tap on settings - Tap on carrier - turn the automatic slider to off. the phone will start to search and again select either 3G or 4G depending on your plan. 

• Windows phone – From the home screen swipe left – Tap settings – Tap mobile networks – Tap network selection and change this to manual. The handset will then start to search, select virgin 3G or 4G depending on your plan.

This should stop it from happening. I would also advise to check with the sender to make sure that there handset isn’t changing an SMS into an MMS because there going over the character count. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos