Menu
desert6pete
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Switching to EE

I have 2 identical Galaxy GT19505 phones. I am on a SIM only contract. The Settings on both phones are identical. One phone has registered onto EE and has a consistently strong signal. The other will only register with Virgin and has a poor signal and often no signal. How can I force the Virgin registered phone to register to EE ?

deser6pete

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching to EE

Hi desert6pete,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties with mobile reception.

This is odd as we use the EE's network also so there shouldn't be any difference really.

You can manually select a network on your handset and select either orange or TMobile to connect to but you are still essentially using EE. 

You can usually accomplish this by clicking on the settings app > more settings or networks > mobile networks > network operators

Is it possible for you to swap the SIM cards around from one handset to the other to see if it is an issue with the one handset.

Hope this information helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

desert6pete wrote:

I have 2 identical Galaxy GT19505 phones. I am on a SIM only contract. The Settings on both phones are identical. One phone has registered onto EE and has a consistently strong signal. The other will only register with Virgin and has a poor signal and often no signal. How can I force the Virgin registered phone to register to EE ?

deser6pete

I have had the same problem...

My Blackberry Z10 is on Virgin, gets H signal, 3/4 bars....

Works Blackberry 9810 is on Orange, gets 3G, 5 bars...

The 9810 loads pages 30% FASTER than the Z10!!!

Yet, I am told that they both use EE network, and there should not be any difference!!!

The proof is there..

Ask both phones to load the same page....3G 9810 loads far faster than the H Z10!!!!

Fathom THAT one out!!!

May end up moving the Z10 to EE, AND BE ABLE TO ACCESS 4G!!!  (something Virgin will NEVER offer us!!)

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

One thing thats becoming very apparent from lots of peoples responses is that all data seems to have some form of occasional restriction on virgin.

Look at all the issues people had with google services on here.

switch to EE my 3g is far faster than virgins nevermind i also have 4g for LESS money than virgins contracts.

0 Kudos