Menu
DominicR
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Switching from PAYG to contract

Hello all

A bit baffled here. I've been a Virgin customer for aeons, and have four mobiles on my account - one for each member of my family: two contract, and (for my now adult sons) two PAYG.

Each time I log in to the account, it suggests I switch to contract for the PAYG phones. SO I did - or tried to. The first one was fine, but the second switch wouldn't go through. 

Spoke to a very helpful woman at an offshore call centre and she said she'd request that the credit dept OK this and would call me yesterday.  But... no call!

So I rang tonight, and a rather less helpful (and frankly, barely comprehensible) colleague of hers told me that the request had been declined... And the UK account retention team line is not available until Monday.

Virgin are looking at losing four phone accounts, plus TV and broadband - I suspect that they sort of care, but aren't capable of doing anything about it. I have an unimpeachable credit record.

If anyone from Virgin mobile is reading this - get your finger out pronto and do some of that customer service stuff ASAP; loyal customers are easy to lose with this kind of behaviour...

So, where now? Vodafone, O2, Giff gaff or any other recommendations?

TIA!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Switching from PAYG to contract

This is mainly a self help forum, if you lucky a staff member MAY view in during the week.

There is a limit to the amount of phones on a single account - regardless of your credit score. If your married get the wife to open an account in her name for the 4th phone?

0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is mainly a self help forum, if you lucky a staff member MAY view in during the week.

There is a limit to the amount of phones on a single account - regardless of your credit score. If your married get the wife to open an account in her name for the 4th phone?

0 Kudos
DominicR
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - good idea about getting another account and account holder. But then there's not much incentive to stay with Virgin... Noted about the self-help aspect of the forum. I have the sense that Virgin Media/Mobile's customer service is deteriorating, much like it did with Orange after Hans Snook left and the France Telecom takeover happened. The retentions team never called back, and calling them led me on another set of tedious recursive loops.

So I've now got my four PAC numbers instead, and although I realise that I may have the same nonsense with a different brand - at least I'll get to speak a different call centre.

0 Kudos