Menu
Deirds
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Switching back to PAYG contract

Hi, it's a bit of a long story.  We bought my mother-in-law a mobile phone some years ago.  She hardly ever uses it.  About 18 months ago she was in hospital for a long time so I signed her phone up to a monthly SIM only contract. She is out of hospital a nod never uses the phone now so it makes more sense for me to go back to topping up her phone.  I pay the bill but as she lives a couple of hundred miles away I can't just dial 789.  How can I revert back?  When I tried several months ago customer services more or less told me I had to have the phone in my hands to do this.  Funnily enough it's never a problem when I sign up to a new contract.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switching back to PAYG contract

Hi Deirds,

provided that you know all the account details and password there shouldn't be a problem.

You have to give 30 days notice. You can call Virgin customer services on 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Deirds
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply.  Do you by any chance know what happens to unused Pay as you go credit when switching to pay monthly?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

my understanding was that any credit stayed on the number and would be used against your bill.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos