Menu
ribble
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Switch to Virgin mobile - PAC / Mobile not transferred - cannot use mobile number

Hi

Recently switched from EE to Virgin mobile however this is proving to be a disaster.

Have provided the PAC code to Virgin however over a week now and still the existing phone number has not been transferred.

I am unable to use my phone number and each time contact Virgin has been very disappointing. Should be another day / with technical team / normally only takes a day blah blah.

Does anyone have any advice what to do ? or how to get this resolved?

Can I cancel and go back to EE? or stick with Virgin until its resolved.  I dont want to lose mobile number.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Knl_1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switch to Virgin mobile - PAC / Mobile not transferred - cannot use mobile number

I am currently having the same problem. Requested a number port from EE last Wednesday, and it still hasn't happened! Been told by Virgin it's a technical problem on EE's side? My number no longer works on EE either. It's very annoying, especially as i use my mobile number as the emergency contact for my children's school & i therefore didn't get notified when there was a problem on their trip on Friday. Smiley Sad Hopefully it's sorted soon.
0 Kudos
ribble
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Switch to Virgin mobile - PAC / Mobile not transferred - cannot use mobile number

Yes can totally understand your frustration especially when its "so simple" to switch as stated on website.

We still don't have this resolved either.. been since 24th June..

Last phoned Saturday for 30 mins - they have apparently flagged its a high importance now. 

Tried to speak to manager but none available..Virgin promised to ring back today but didn't again.  I was however told on the call that Virgin has a problem which they have known about since the 20th of June (maybe yours isn't EE?).

I requested to put a complaint in as they just seem to follow the same script each time we ring them and log it and will call back.

Considering cancelling but understand that might not be so simple with requesting a pac code until this is resolved first.

By the way I recently switch another phone to Tesco from EE and went straight through no problem.

thanks

0 Kudos
Knl_1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Has this been resolved for you yet? I've been waiting a week now & just been told today that it could be a further 5 days!
Really frustrating.
0 Kudos
ribble
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No unfortunately

They decided to send a new SIM. Its arrived (even wanted to charge postage!) but doesn't look like it has made any difference.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ribble.

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear there's been a delay with your number port.

I just wanted to check if this has now been resolved or if you still require some help with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ribble
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for getting in contact.

No still not resolved.

Nobody when ring Virgin seems to have a clue . Was even told don't see how it can be resolved.

Looking to move network

Be great if you can help resolve this.

0 Kudos
mondeoman7
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same thing has happened to me, moved from 3 to Virgin on Tuesday. Text on wed to confirm move. Virgin have my number but haven't transferred it to their payg sim I'm using. Won't say when it will be sorted.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ribble

I'm really sorry to hear you're still having some issues with this.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi mondeoman7

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the number port. 

I just wanted to check if the port has now completed successfully for you?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos