Menu
hevad
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Switch over - what is happening with the VM service???

I am a new VM customer. So new that I haven't even paid my first months payment yet. So far, VM have FAILED to move my original land line number, and now when I was supposed to have my old mobile number transported over today, I find that there has been ' a system error' and I could be without any mobile communication for up to 5 working days. VM can't for some reason even get their own SIM to work!! Why on earth would it take up to 5 days to sort out an system error!! 

No one can tell me what is happening. I've called VM 3 times today and held on for over an hour in total while lots of people have told me nothing. I thought Vodaphone were bad - that's why I left them. I feel now I've jumped from the frying pan into the fire. I've spent the evening resurrecting an old Tesco sim card that I will have to use until (when) VM gets me back on line. 

Please, can you tell me if this  kind of service and customer service is normal for VM? Do I have to expect more of the same? Is it always like this? Should I try and get my PAC number and at least move my mobile somewhere else?

I'm committed to the cable and landline for 9 months, but will move once that's up if things don't improve, but luckily my mobile contract is 30 days rolling contract, and since i haven't been provided with a service feel like just asking to be released from the mobile part and move onto someone else.

Any suggestions greatly received. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Switch over - what is happening with the VM service???

Sorry to hear of all the hassles you are having.

You can cancel your VM services contract early without penalty due to the price increase announced for November, see here for details.

This thread will also be useful to you.

All Replies
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry to hear of all the hassles you are having.

You can cancel your VM services contract early without penalty due to the price increase announced for November, see here for details.

This thread will also be useful to you.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi hevad,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that you've had numerous problems with your both your Virgin Media landline and your Virgin Mobile. Apologies as well for the time it's taken to respond to your post. It's great to see that @Shroko has been able to give you some advice on this. 

Checking into this for you, I can see that you have been in touch with our Customer Services team. Has this been sorted out for you?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos