Menu
maurice_48
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Stung by roaming costs on holiday, web site not helpful , what alternatives are there?

Hi

I'm on a very cheap basic pay as you go plan , and on holiday recently got hit with some large roaming costs due to the need of using the phone as we had a medical emergency. The virgin mobile web site talks about extras to add to the package when on holiday but the link doesn't work. Anyone know what these might be or have the data from when the link actually worked. Is it as simple as EE, add the package for the duration of the holiday as a form of insurance package?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stung by roaming costs on holiday, web site not helpful , what alternatives are there?

Hi maurice_48,

sorry to hear about your medical emergency whilst abroad.

I feel that the extras you might have heard about may be the "Travel Pass" (for mobile data whilst in the EU).

Take a look at this link: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/mobile/using-your-mobile/abroad.html

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stung by roaming costs on holiday, web site not helpful , what alternatives are there?

Hi maurice_48,

sorry to hear about your medical emergency whilst abroad.

I feel that the extras you might have heard about may be the "Travel Pass" (for mobile data whilst in the EU).

Take a look at this link: http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/mobile/using-your-mobile/abroad.html

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

maurice_48
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

Have now found that, but it refers to the EU only. There doesn't appear to be any rates applicable to the UAE. Moral of the tale be very wary about using your phone, emergency or not when travelling abroad, especially when there isn't a package available from your provider. You don't expect to use it greatly but in my case it was costing £4.00 to connect alone. Not sure how that compares to other providers?

Maurice

0 Kudos