Menu
adrianmoffat
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Stopping spam texts

Hi, I think I must have accidentally registered to some site or other and I keep getting text messages that charge me £4.50 a time. (weekly) How do I stop these?   On my bill, it shows the number 700046127, but the only text I can see on my phone states the number 61177.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stopping spam texts

The shorter number is the key, send a text. STOP ALL to that short code and that should resolve it
To stop your phone being able to send those starter messages to short codes set premium call barring on you web account or call 789
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

suekirk wrote:

have the same number on my phone too

Hi suekirk,

the same number as the OP? This number: 700046127

entering that number into EE's Third Party Services Checker shows this information:

Short code number:61177
Service description:Competition Subscription Service - text STOP to 61177 to cancel
Contact details:0800 015 5139 or info.uk@quizawin.co.uk
This service is provided by Artiq BV and managed by mGage.

Try texting back "STOP" to the short code number or contact the company directly and ask to unsubscribe.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
zvonok
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had exactly the same problem with a VM Mobile - they told me it was possibly Virgin Games (or something similar!) ...BUT they couldn't tell me who exactly ' ..the usual ' Protection of Identity' routine  .. nor could they stop it... allegedly?!

I cancelled my contract - went to Tesco - better service and NEVER got another of these 'untraceable' texts again ... !!! ... ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The shorter number is the key, send a text. STOP ALL to that short code and that should resolve it
To stop your phone being able to send those starter messages to short codes set premium call barring on you web account or call 789
0 Kudos
adrianmoffat
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Looks like I will get charged for that too, but worth it to stop the texts.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi adrianmoffat,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. It's great to see that J0hn has given you advice about the premium rate texts that you have received. I understand how worrying it is when you are charged for premium rate texts. 

Please have a look at our online help pages about this: A quick guide to premium messaging on your mobile.

If you would like to discuss these charges further, please give us a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline). You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us. 

Let us know how you get on with this.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
suekirk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

suekirk wrote:

Hi suekirk,

the same number as the OP? This number: 700046127

entering that number into EE's Third Party Services Checker shows this information:

Short code number:61177
Service description:Competition Subscription Service - text STOP to 61177 to cancel
Contact details:0800 015 5139 or info.uk@quizawin.co.uk
This service is provided by Artiq BV and managed by mGage.

Try texting back "STOP" to the short code number or contact the company directly and ask to unsubscribe.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.