Menu
Craig1966
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Stop on overuse of MB

We pay for our daughters sim only contract but she keeps going over the internet useage allowance. I know it warns her when there is a certain amount left but is there anyway of it stopping and not allowing her to access so we don't have an increased bill?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stop on overuse of MB

Hi Craig7966,

unfortunately Virgin Mobile don't "cap" mobile data allowance, so no.

However you may be able to limit mobile data in the settings on your device (I know my phone allows the setting of limits, either just to warn or to "cut off" at a pre set level).

Have a look, though of course you'll have to trust your daughter not to alter these Smiley Indifferent

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
andrewall
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, this advice is no good for anyone who is running a huawei with emui 3.0, we noticed my son had gone over when the bill was £26....acted accordingly and turned off mobile data, only for his phone to be totally cut of and unable to even make a call when the data being turned off still allowed him to run £2 a day for data that I see no other way to turn off...we found out after he'd gone off alone at alton towers....he tried several texts to us to let us know where he was, to find his phone was useless as a phone because the account has passed it's credit limit, even though his refresh date has already passed...
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Stop the mobile date on the phone via setting, calls and texts still work ,if you son has the ability he can switch it back on - that's the downside.

0 Kudos