Menu
samb123
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stolen my money

Wondering if anyone can help. I paid my phone bill online on the 9th September. Virgin accepted the payment and it is now showing on my statement. I contacted the bank and they have send the payment is over with virgin now. The thing is they have suspended my account and on my online account the bill has stayed the same and hasn’t changed.

I have tried to contact them on my virgin mobile number on 789 but I get a voicemessage telling me to call them on 789…. Well I am calling you on 789 and I just get the same message about my account is suspended call me on 789. I have tried to contact them numerous times on twitter but they just ignore all of my messages while answering others. I have also tried live chat but nooone ever seems to be there. I can’t call there customer service number because I don’t have a landline to call them from.

Does anyone know if there is any way to get my money back from them that they have stolen off me?

Please help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stolen my money

Call 0345 6000 6789

Virgin ask your bank for the money 3 or 4 days before the bank pay it, but they "earmark" the cash and then it's to late to stop, when you call they will be able to see both payments, as can you from the web account.

0 Kudos
samb123
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me John. I spoke to the bank yesterday who told me the transaction was pending until Monday when they accepted it. It is deffo with them now. I did ring that number yesterday but the person on the phone said I was lying and virgin haven’t received the money. To Be honest he didn’t really know what he was talking about. They will not put you through to anyone in accounts so I don’t really know what to do. Virgin deffo have the money.

I can provide proof of this. Is there anyone that works for Virgin Mobile who uses the forum that could please look into this?

0 Kudos
samb123
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m really struggling to believe that there is no one from Virgin mobile that moderates this forum that can investigate this for me? I am so confused right now as to why no one from the support team wants to help me. Have I annoyed them or something.

Money has been taken for my bill but no one seems to want to help me. I have been a customer for 2 years I can’t believe the lack of support they offer. It’s almost a joke.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi samb123,

this forum is mainly a platform for customers to help and advise one another.

It is monitored by members of the Virgin Team but they go through posts in date order responding where necessary.

By adding to this post and "bumping" it to the top you are actually delaying any response.

If you should receive a reply via the forum it is likely to take a few days.

You could try web-chat again: Help and Support - Contact Us 

As you have found, the advisors are usually busy so it may take a while.
(I recommend using a PC or laptop and keeping the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until chat becomes available).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi samb123,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that there has been a problem with your payment updating on your account. Apologies as well for the time it's taken to respond to your post. It's great to see that AlexKid has given you advice about this. 

Has this been sorted out for you now? I'm unable to access your account via your Forum details, so I'm not able to check this for you. If you would like for me to look into this for you, I'll need to take more information from you. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos