Menu
roymccluskey
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Stolen Mobile

I reported Sat night/Sun morning that my mobile had been stolen in Barcelona. All of my contract docs are back home ...I don`t remember whether my phone is insured via my Virgin contract and there seems no way of asking them other than via very expensive call from a public telephone. Should Virgin not offer basic advice without being asked?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stolen Mobile

They do, as a uk company you can ring their local call charge number and find out if your insured, report it stolen get the sim and phone both blocked.
There is also a web chat option, a pain to get through on sadly

If you have Virgin insurance I suspect you will be paying for it and that means a second direct debit for the insurance

Check you virgin mobile web account for more info

Lastly, if you don't ask how can they answer your question??????????

0 Kudos
roymccluskey
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I reported the theft on Virgin`s website...it was acknowledged as reported and that was that. I would have thought it would be basic customer care to send an email setting out where I stand and options. I will just have to wait until back in the UK in 2 weeks to sort this out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi roymccluskey

I'm sorry to hear about your mobile and for the trouble you've had in getting in touch with the team.

As J0hn has mentioned, due to the security we'd need to clear to discuss this with your we'd need to recommend you give the team a call. There's some contact information for the team on [this page] just in case you want to give the team a call a little earlier.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we'd love to hear how you get on.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And sadly if you fail to report it with a few days most insurers have a time limit beyond which you can't claim Smiley Sad
0 Kudos