Menu
Julesjawdee
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still waiting for manager to call

I called last night and at 21:20 was promised a call back from a Manager within 30mins. I'm still waiting for that call. Can I send you an email or do you have a web form? As I now don't trust your operators!
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still waiting for manager to call

Hi Julesjawdee

What was the issue that you had? Maybe we can try and give advice over the forum to help?
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Julesjawdee
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have an £8pm contract for my 9 yr old. In Dec it shows that his phone connected to mobile data despite being in the house and wifi on. No texts or emails were sent to warn us and you allowed it to run up an additional £23. His phone settings are the same since Feb 2015, I have photos to show that iTunes has 13 updates waiting as its password protected so can't see why it's been connecting to mobile data especially through the night when he was asleep and not using it! Your Rep basically told me I am lucky it's only happened once and I'm stupid for leaving the mobile data setting on! Where were the texts!!!!! And why set a £200 limit on an account I said was for a child and I didn't want them to get anything other than what the plan gave!
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Julesjawdee

allow me to clarify a few points for you

The iPhone would automatically check for updates regardless if the phone is . For EXAMPLE. The phone would check if the apps need updating, latest software.

The iPhones also have an option to "boost" the speed by allowing WIfi assist. it would be a good idea to make sure this is off.

iPhones do use a lot of data I must admit but this is why smart phones are so smart because they use the internet to source information, check emails for you, updates for facebook etc etc. Im sure you get the drift.

Virgin do send 3 text messages to the handset when the data limit is reached. They are sent at 75% 90% and 100% of data. If the texts are not there then I would assume they have been deleted.

As for the credit limit part.

The pay monthly contract is your responsibility and to which we down allow children aged 9 to take these . This is why pay as you go is ideal because they cant run up bills. Contracts are not intended for child use and it was yourself that took the contract out.

The credit limit can be reduced to £50 as MINIMUM ,however, I would read the below part of the "our service" that Virgin set out on credit limits

6.2 Credit limits: We may set a monthly credit limit on your account that will be an amount we consider appropriate. We will let you know what this amount is if we do set a monthly credit limit. We may suspend your access to the Services if you exceed the limit. You should not use the credit limit for budgeting as the amount you owe is not capped or limited and you will still be liable if you exceed the credit limit we set!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
Julesjawdee
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My son tells me when he gets texts from you and he says the only text is the one advising contract reset which I can see. And what updates is it doing when they are password protected? He doesn't receive lots of emails, just school ones and the auto updates were all switched off including the mobile data update button, only the data roaming was on whic since I have had the contract I have had no issues with! I am annoyed that I waited up til 11pm for a call that wasn't given. I want some leeway on this as its ridiculous I don't believe that usage is true! It can't be!!! Looking at my usage with EE I don't have anything like what this account is showing! I think you've got mixed up with someone's else's account or put some charges from my other account with you on this one! You can look at his history and privately email me and tell me if you think it looks right! Also pull last nights call and hear her promise me a call that was never done!
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Julesjawdee

The phone still connects to the web as do all smart phones. You would need to either call virgin to disable mobile data completely or switch it off from the handset yourself.

In the settings of the iphone there is also a list of what apps have used what data . So you can see where its going.

I do understand that if no one called you then your pretty annoyed with it and I can see why.

The usage would be correct . The connection goes through our network against your SIM serial number and your handset. Virgin record the amount of data used from your SIM / handset. This wouldn't be a crossed charge issue as there is only your SIM serial number / mobile number and handset IMEI . They are unique..

As im not official forum staff I cannot ask for personal details via the messaging option as I cannot clear data protection with you. This would have to be done via the official forum team only .I am merely posting as an individual working in the mobile world of Virgin but from my personal experience and knowledge that I have . I can assure you that the data is recorded accurately against your account to what has been used on the phone.

0 Kudos
Julesjawdee
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Closure then!
0 Kudos