Menu
Fyffee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Split contract charges confusion

Hi,  I upgraded my mobile contract and handset to a xperia M3.  Since then I have been charged my bill amount (£8 plus any extra usage), which is texted to me every month as it was on my previous Virgin contract.  Now on the same day there is a separate £8 charge taken out by Virgin Media.

I spoke to a lady on the helpline who said this was one charge for the tariff and one for the handset loan.  Could anyone please let me know how/if I can view this on my account as I can only view my bill for my VM broadband/TV etc and the bill in my mobile account for the tariff charges.

Sorry if I'm being daft but I can't see it anywhere.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, am I the only one who has gone from one mobile charge combined to two charges.  It is a bit confusing.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Split contract charges confusion

Hi Fyffee,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry about the confusion surrounding the freestyle contract.

The handset part is a 24 month loan agreement which means the monthly amount (for £8 in your case) stays the same throughout. I imagine it would be pointless to include this via the online account for that reason. It may not even be possible to put it on there but I'm not 100% certain on that.

You may have received an email at the time of taking the contract out which may have included a breakdown of all the loan payments. This can be resent for you though if need be.

Hope this information helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Fyffee
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying.  I'm sure that is exactly what the lady I spoke to on the phone said but I prefer to have things in writing.  

Kind regards,

Louise.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Louise.

I'll send you a private message to discuss how you go about getting it. To view this click on the purple envelope on the top right.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
mattjarvis
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I really don't understand why Virgin have changed this. I claim back my handset and calls, and this means I now have no way of claiming back the handset cost as I don't get a bill for it. If there is some way I can get a bill for that element, could you help point me in the right direction ? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattjarvis,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. We can arrange to get you a statement of account along with your handset loan agreement showing your payments. If you would like for me to do this, I'll need to verify your details. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos