Menu
iaincd
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sorry. Your SIM Card is not accepted. WiFi App will not auto-connect

Hi,

Been ported to Virgin for several days now.  Not as smooth as I had hoped .. the Port happened on time, but issue one Voicemail needed resetting... that took a while .. now the WiFi App is not auto-enrolling.  Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Iain.

0 Kudos
neilwise
Just joined
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sorry. Your SIM Card is not accepted. WiFi App will not auto-connect

Hi Iain, I've experienced exactly the same problem. I was told it would be fixed by Wed of this week, but still the same! Very disappointing.

0 Kudos
iaincd
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So -  Just experienced Virgin Mobile Support on this issue. 

1/  3 transfers to get to a person who said they would help

2/ The Call Centre person had no clue what was going wrong.  Their knowledge base was very poor - the poor person trying to help kept on being told to ask a lot of questions to "known answers"  - Is your phone working - yes I am talking to you on it...etc.

3/ The answer is send me a profile -- but they doggedly persisted.  After 25 mins (thankfully free) I asked to talk to a supervisor.. he then admitted it was a known problem... I asked - so fix it by sending me the profile, as this board seems to know is the "quick" resolution.  Waiting for EE systems to be told by virgin systems - will be a while its already 4 days... He didn't know how to do that .. I'll put an escalation on your ticket.. great..  How will you follow up.  A promised call back in 24 hours... can't wait. 

4/ Asked what they will do if I have to use data that I could have avoided using?  Again no answer.    

So Virgin - if you do watch these boards (your knowledge base clearly doesn't get updated)  Please improve your process... unimpressed so far.. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iain & neilwise,

Thanks for taking the time to post. My apologies for being unable to register for the Virgin Media WiFi app.

If your number port happened more than 72 hours ago then I'll be able to get this raised up and fixed for you. Can you both send me a private message here including the following:-

• Your mobile number
  • Make and model of handset
  • OS version number
  • App version number
  • Error message you're getting

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iain,

Thanks for providing me with the information.

I've raised a fault ticket for this issue so the team will be able to activate your SIM for WiFi use. The turnaround is up to 5 days so once I get an update I shall post back here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
iaincd
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

First, thank you for helping. 

But up to 10 days from incident to resolution, is really poor as a company.  Virgin Mobile heavily sell the Wifi app as a benefit it should "just work"

Iain

0 Kudos
iaincd
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Item 2 - the supervisor never phoned back...

0 Kudos
iaincd
Joining in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Its 5 Days - tried again this morning - same pitiful error - this is proper rubbish. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi iaincd,

Just a quick update.

The team are aware of this and it appears they're now working in batches to get affected customers registered. There's been a slight delay that I'm checking with someone, but don't know anymore information at this stage. Your fault ticket is still open and we'll endeavour to resolve as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused once again.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
iaincd
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rich,

Checked on My Daughters Phone, My Wife's phone, My Son's phone - you can tell I moved us as a family... ALL can't use the WiFi App. SAME error. 

So add another 3 unhappy customers. 

All the Best

Iain

0 Kudos